Monday 6 June 2011

St. Mungo

Found a booze hole in Plainmoor that stocks St. Mungo lager, and quite frankly it is one of the best lagers I have tasted in ages, well since my return from Finland. There is nowt finer than Koff. It is a tad expensive, with two bottles being the same price as four cans of Grolsch at the local supermarket but sometimes I like to relax with a premium taste. Evening in, "Mighty Boosh" on the DVD, a large bag o' Big D nuts and a glass of fine brew. What attracted me to St. Mungo (brewed in Glasgow) was the fact that it has a uniqueness - it is the only lager brewed in the UK that adheres to the Reinheitsgebot, an ancient German Purity Law and I have always thought that if you are going to adhere to a law it might as well be the German Purity Law.
St. Mungo is 4.9% and now my special Sunday tipple - if you see it on draught anywhere, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment